Country Stars Central recently interviewed one of the hottest singer/songwriters in country music, Taylor Swift. Her debut self -titled album is currently holding on to the No. 1 spot on Billboard's country album chart for the sixth week, she was recently nominated for the CMA Horizon Award this past month, and is currently on tour with Brad Paisley’s Bonfires and Amplifiers tour. We are very excited to talk to Taylor about her latest single and new video for “Our Song”, touring with Faith Hill and Tim McGraw, and much more! Enjoy the interview and make sure to catch Taylor at a live show near you!!
1. (CSC) You had the opportunity to tour with Faith Hill and Tim McGraw this past summer, what important lessons have you learned from touring with them?
One of my favorite things about touring with them was seeing how well they treat the people they tour with. Like Kenny Chesney or any other headliner. It makes you feel really good about the things they do. If you’re lucky enough to be successful it is important to share what you’re given.
2. (CSC) Did you ever imagine you would have such great success with your debut album?
Oh my gosh! I was raised to not think that anything would be given to me. I’ve always been taught to work for the things you want. It is such a huge deal that this album was successful. I played a lot more shows, and did much more than people expected me to do. I didn’t want to be successful because of a lucky streak; I wanted to be successful because I worked hard at it.
3. (CSC) You have received your first CMA nomination for the Horizon Award, what are you most looking forward to about the awards show this November?
I am so thrilled. I want it so bad. I want to win. I am very competitive when it comes to things like this. There was an image of me posted on the cover of the paper the day after the announcement, I was so excited that I was photographed jumping in mid air (Laughing). One of my favorite things about award shows is getting dressed up. I dress up all the time anyways. I enjoy seeing what the other artists are wearing. That helps take away the nervousness and anticipation of being nominated. It is cool being able to get your picture taken so many times and the fashion aspect of it is so cool.
4. (CSC) You are a role model to many young girls. What does it mean to you to have such an important impact on their lives?
It means so much to me. A lot of people and artists put out a song or a movie and someone out there likes it. You can embrace it or ignore it. I’m not into drinking or partying. If I wasn’t a music artist, I wouldn’t be a partier. Now that I’m role model for how I live my life that is even better.
5. (CSC) If you could record a duet with anyone of any genre of music who would it be and why?
If I could record a duet with someone it would be completely unpredictable. Something you would not expect to hear me do. I think it would be great to record with Rihanna, Maroon 5, or Colbie Caillat. She is a newer artist that I enjoy listening to; pretty much people who are on my iPod.
6. (CSC) When can fans expect to hear new music from you and what will the style of music be in comparison to your debut album?
Well we are going to start recording in December for the next album. I am constantly writing songs all the time. I have been writing music since I was twelve years old. I think my favorite thing about people like Garth Brooks is he has new material that you haven’t heard before, but that new music is a reminder of why you love Garth Brooks. That is what I hope to have on my next album.
7. (CSC) Where do you get your inspiration for songwriting and did you expect to have been able to co write every song on your debut album?
When I get inspired it will be a concept first. I will write about stuff like the jerk that broke up with me. I love to write about dating and those experiences in life. I am not one to write about romantic bliss. I am seventeen and that is something I cannot relate to at this time in my life. I am not going to be writing about mature things. I write songs that I can relate to in life.
8. (CSC) You recently opened for LeAnn Rimes this past summer, what did you enjoy most about opening for LeAnn?
I really enjoyed opening for LeAnn. Just being able to look at her on stage and be there as a part of the show. I think the coolest thing was seeing all those girls out there in the audience at the show. Being able to revert back to the memory of when I was that girl in the crowd. I’ve been a fan of hers since I was younger and now, I am on the charts with her, its pretty fun.
9. (CSC) Tell us about your latest single “Our Song”, and what was it like making the video for the single?
It was great filming the video. I am really excited about the single because I actually wrote it myself. I sat down and wrote the song in fifteen minutes. It means a lot to me that is it being released as a single. It was awesome making the video for the song. I got to dress up in all these cool outfits, the set was really neat, and I got to wear make up and dresses. It was very girly! (Laughing)
10. (CSC) What are some projects other than making music would you like to work on in the future?
Outside of music, I’m really not sure. I am so consumed by it. I’m a singer/songwriter and this is what I love to do. It is something I have always dreamed of doing for a living. I just did a photo shoot earlier today for Rolling Stone magazine, I’m having a blast talking to you right now, and after this I am going to talk to someone else for an interview. I don’t want to get overwhelmed. Maybe I would like to try a small role in a movie. Right now I am sticking to what I love doing!