By John Matthews
Country Stars Central was recently blessed to be at "The Time Jumpers" Show, which took place at 3rd & Lindsley, Nashville 7-15-2013.
The Time Jumpers were established in Nashville in 1998 by well known studio musicians.
The current edition of The Time Jumpers includes 11 members, Alphabetically; Dennis Crouch (upright bass), Larry Franklin (fiddle), Paul Franklin (steel guitar), Vince Gill (vocals, electric and acoustic guitars), “Ranger Doug” Green (vocals, acoustic rhythm guitar), Andy Reiss (electric guitar), Dawn Sears (vocals), Kenny Sears (vocals, fiddle), Joe Spivey (fiddle, vocals) Jeff Taylor (accordion, piano) and Billy Thomas (drums, vocals).
The packed crowd at 3rd & Lindsley enjoyed some great vocals and musicianship throughout the entire show. Each member brought something to the table, and many of the songs performed were written by one of The Time Jumpers members.
Songs performed included "Faint of Heart" (written by Vince Gill), "Blue Highway Blue" (written by Billy Thomas), and “All Aboard" (Instrumental written by Paul Franklin).
The Band also performed Country Classics such as Buck Owens’s "Together Again," and Merle Haggard’s "The Roots of My Raising.”
It was announced that Vince and Paul were releasing a new album called "Bakersfield," which contained hit songs from both Buck Owens and Merle Haggard. The release date is set for July 30th, 2013 (see full track listing below).
I loved the entire show. It was full of timeless music, and I'd definitely recommend you to catch a Time Jumpers Show in your area. Their Official Website is: www.thetimejumpers.com
Bakersfield" Full Track Listing:
1. Foolin’ Around- Buck Owens (Written by Harlan Howard and Buck Owens)
2. Branded Man- Merle Haggard (Written by Merle Haggard)
3. Together Again- Buck Owens (Written by Buck Owens)
4. The Bottle Let Me Down- Merle Haggard (Written by Merle Haggard)
5. He Don’t Deserve You Anymore- Buck Owens (Written by Arty Lange and Buck Owens)
6. I Can’t Be Myself- Merle Haggard (Written by Merle Haggard)
7. Nobody’s Fool But Yours- Buck Owens (Written by Buck Owens)
8. Holding Things Together- Merle Haggard (Written by Bob Trotten and Merle Haggard)
9. But I Do- Buck Owens (Written by Tommy Collins)
10. The Fightin’ Side Of Me- Merle Haggard (Written by Merle Haggard)
Merle Haggard wrote the liner notes for the album and said, “Vince and Paul offer a great new touch on a great old sound. It was great; certainly to hear my music done with the great touch of Vince and Paul. I feel highly complimented. But it was especially great to hear what they did with Bucks stuff. Some may not notice, but I for one knew how great Buck really was, first as a musician, then as an artist.”